Louisiana State University (LSU) has an open position for an Assistant Professor Research Position.
Job Posting Title:
Assistant Professor Research
LSUAM Engineering – School of Civil and Environmental Engineering (George Z Voyiadjis (00009256))
LSU – Baton Rouge
The Assistant Professor Research is a non-tenured track position in the Center of Geoinformatics C4G. The individual will conduct research in geodetic and geomatics (GeoInformatics). The research will focus in: (i) Numerical modeling of subsidence processes with applications for coastal sustainability; (ii) GPS/Global navigation Satellite System tracking for high-precision orbit estimation and precise point terrestrial positioning; (iii) Gravity field determination with applications for datum determination and transformations, and (iv)scripting for automating scientific, data processing.
Geodetic Research & grant management
• Conduct research in geodetic and geomatics (GeoInformatics)
• Manage budgets for geodetic projects and present information to stakeholders, agencies or company management
Administrative support to director
• Oversee projects and provide input for improvements
Teaching & community outreach
• Provide educational support to colleges; teach geodesy at an educational institute
• Use communication skills to provide training and presentations on information collected
• Communicate results to internal and external stakeholders and at scientific meetings.
Data processing and analysis with reference to geoid modeling
• Detail-oriented and highly organized to prioritize various projects
• Working with related databases, satellites and specialized surveying equipment
• Verify and analyze data collected from fellow geodesists to determine significant results
PhD Geodesy or Geomatics and at least 5 years of postdoctoral experience in a research lab or as an extension professional.
PhD in Geodesy or Geomatics and minimum 5 years experience in Geoid Modeling.
Additional Job Description:
Assistant Professor – Research (RP)
Please attach three professional references and a copy of your transcripts. Official transcripts are required prior to hire.
September 20, 2017
Closing Date (Open Until Filled if No Date Specified):
Additional Position Information:
Background Check – An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
Benefits – LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
Essential Position (Y/N):
LSU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity / equal access employer.
HCM Contact Information:
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu
Click The Button Below to ApplyCLICK HERE TO APPLY